Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Flash 41: Got Them Good



Flash 41

Thanks to our Guest Diva is Lily Sawyer, who gives us the following:  "This is a bitch of an unsatisfactory situation,"  Or  "I wish I knew how to quit you." or  "Love means never having to say you're sorry."


My alternate prompts are:

8 ball, trailer and use the name of any state in the US or

pizzicato, pie and motor oil or

"Your words are too big for your mouth"

Got Them Good

He didn’t know when he’d lost it. Whether it was the scene with the postcard with the words ‘deceased’ written in red as if to emphasis the tremendous loss of one so precious or when Willie Nelson’s song “He was a Friend of Mine,” started to play.   The sound of sniffing from the man next to him drew his attention.  He couldn’t stop a small smile from appearing on his face as he watched Ben try to hide the fact that Brokeback Mountain made them both cry.  If not for a lot of reasons, Ennis and Jack’s story could very well have been theirs.

“Ben?”

“What?”  Ben wiped his eyes with a tissue and blew his nose. 

“You okay?”

“Sure. Just my allergies acting up.”  His excuse was lame, but he was sticking to it.

“It’s okay, this movie got to me too.” Tom shut off the TV and watched his partner trying to compose himself.   “Come here.”  Tom put his arm around Ben’s shoulders and pulled him against his chest.  “It’s okay.”

“That’s what Jack said.”   Ben nestled into the strong arms that held him. 

“He also said “This is a bitch of an unsatisfactory situation.”

“He also said “I wish I knew how to quit you.”   Ben’s eyes filled with tears again and he wiped them on Tom’s shirt.  “It’s just not fair, Tom. Ennis and Jack deserved to have a happy life, like we do.  I’d never quit you, never.”

“I know, baby, I wouldn’t either. I’m so happy we found each other.”

“They could never be together, I just wish Ennis would’ve said he was sorry about turning Jack away after his divorce.  Jack was so happy, singing “King of the Road”… and then Ennis squashed it all.”

“Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” Tom rubbed Ben’s back; the circular motions eased the tension in his man’s shoulder.

Ben’s arms wrapped around his waist. “I love you Tom, and I’m so happy to have you in my life.”

“I am, too, baby.”

It started off slow, hands caressing faces; nose nuzzles and kisses, plenty of kisses that turned into lovemaking.

They fell asleep, naked in each other arms, smiles of contentment on both their faces.



 Fellow Flashers

3 comments: