Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Welcome author Sharon Kleve

I'd like to welcome Sharon Kleve to my blog today.   Let's find out about her and her book "Klutzy Love."

1. How long have you been writing?
 
 I started writing two years ago and completed what I thought was going to be a New York Times Best Seller Paranormal Romance. After many rejections letters from New York Aaents I joined a local chapter of Romance Writers of America and got a greatly needed wake-up call. With alot of rewrites and support from my friends I've had three books published and I'm working on two more.
2. What is your favorite genre to write?
 
I've only written Paranormal Romance. My books are similar to Janet Evanovich's, Stephanie Plum, with and psychic kick. My heroine talks to animals.
3. What are you working on now?
 
Klutzy Love came out last week and my next book is called ,'St. Patrick with a Bite', which is book four of my books, 'The Corny Myers Series'.
4. When you start a new story do you begin with a character or plot?
 
 Plot, because I'm writing a series. I've taken one of Corny's friends, Brenda and made her a main caricature in one of my next books. She'll try and find out the secret her boyfriend has, using one of Corny's side-kick animals.
5. Tell us about your latest/upcoming release. What inspired it?
 
 In my first two books Corny and Steve were already together, so I went back to the beginning and wrote how they met. Corny still has a lot to tell, which means I'll have many more stories to tell. I adore animals, all shapes and sizes and I guess I wish I really could talk to animals and have them understand me. As we speak, I have roughly 20 birds eating in my front yard and another 20 in the back.
 
Klutzy Love Synopsis:
 
Corny is a hot chick with a great job that she loves. All that changed in the blink of an eye when her boss had an accident involving an oversized rubber band. She’s still a hot chick, but her boss is dead.
Steve Spears is a seasoned narcotics cop who ends up wanting to strangle Corny on a regular basis. After finding out Corny’s dream of opening a pet detective business, he decides he doesn’t want a girlfriend who routinely puts herself in danger. That’s his job!
Corny misses Steve, but she’s getting on with her life. She decides to get a month’s worth of dating out of the way in a single night, by combining her three favorite things—men, food, and alcohol.
Steve’s big gun and cop’s intuition saves Corny’s life, but not from another trip to the emergency room. He makes Corny promise never to get hurt again—she agreed, but has her fingers crossed behind her back.
Klutzy Love Excerpt:
Corny doesn't want to lose Steve now that she’s having sex on a regular basis, but he decides he doesn’t want a girlfriend who is willing to put herself in danger. That’s his job!
Corny loses a clump of precious red hair and her face is a mangled colorful mess by the time Steve comes to the rescue.
Steve started a punch card for Corny's emergency room visits, visit nine times and the tenth one is free. He hopes she doesn’t fill it.
You can purchase my books at:
 
Author of "The Corny Myers Series"
Book One, Flamingo Blues, Published December 2011
Book Two, Be Mine, Published February 2012
Book Three, Klutzy Love, Published August 2012
Bio: 
Sharon Kleve was born and raised in Washington and currently lives on the Olympic Peninsula with her husband.
She loves romance. Loves reading romance, living romance, and especially loves writing about romance. She gets no greater feeling than watching her characters come alive in each other's arms. Most of all, she loves giving her characters the happily ever after they deservewith a few bumps and bruises along the way.
One of her favorite things to do is picking up a new book and sinking into the story, immersing herself in the emotions between the characters. She hopes to inspire her readers the same way her favorite authors have inspired her.
When not writing, she can usually be found either curled up in her recliner with her cat and a good book, or in the kitchen baking sourdough bread or bagels.
Contact me at:

8 comments:

  1. Lily, Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to spend time with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon. Your book sounds intriguing. A gal that talks to animals sounds like fun. Good luck with your sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorrie, I love animals. All shapes and sizes. I don't discriminate. ha ha. I hope you have a chance to read one of my books.

      Delete
  3. This is the second Corny Myers story I've read and like Flamingo Blues, it's delightful and charming.
    Chris K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, thank you for stopping by. It's always a pleasure.

      Delete
  4. Such a cute story- and I love the cover! Good luck with Corny :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DV. I love the cover too, very cute guy.

      Delete