Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Flash 30: Rainy Days


well it's that time of the week again, readers.   Flash day.     Today's prompts come from our fearless leader Ryssa


"We can't let this continue."
 
OR
 
Use the following elements in your story:  a rainy day, an all you can eat cheeseburger buffet, a bulletin board with only two words on it
 
the links to my fellow flashers appear at the end of my story.  I hope you enjoy,  I know Ben and Tom sure did (wink)


Rainy Days

“I’m sorry,” Tom, pressed his face against the cold glass of their living room window.   The rain poured down in buckets, the gray day matched the mood in Tom’s heart.

“For what? It’s not your fault it’s a rainy day out.”

“Yeah, but I still feel bad we didn’t get to do all the stuff we had planned for today, you know it’s been a while since I had a day off.” Tom sighed, Ben came over to where Tom stood sulking and wrapped his arms around his shoulders.

“I know that I’m enjoying the moment we’re having right now, me holding you.”  They kissed; a big smile broke out on Tom’s face.  “It’s better than going to that cheeseburger buffet you suggested.”

“Oh come on! You know I was only kidding.”  Tom regretted showing Ben the ad someone had left between their doors.  “You know I have to watch my girlie figure.” 

Tom struck a pose; they both knew that being a firefighter meant Tom had to stay in shape.

“Look I can think of something we can do,” Ben wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“Yeah?” Tom inquired

“Yeah, like playing cards.”

“Play cards?”  Tom couldn’t hide his disappointment from his voice.

“Yeah, like strip poker.”  Ben backed up to the middle of the room and started unbuttoning his shirt.

“I thought we were going to play cards.”  Tom felt his mouth go dry when Ben’s shirt fell to the floor.

“Forget the cards, takes too long to get to the ‘good’ stuff. Let’s just strip.”

After much tugging and pulling of clothes they were both naked between the sheets in no time.  Their lovemaking gave them quite a workout, especially when one of them decided to try something new.

“Mm,” Ben rolled over and discovered an empty space next to him.  The bed felt so lonely without his firefighter there.   He knew Tom had to leave for work today, but he wished they’d had more time to play.   He sighed and left the bed to start his day, he went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and spotted some writing on the bulletin board they kept on the fridge door.  Actually it was a dry erase board.  Two words were written in red.   ‘Together Forever.”   With heart drawn around them.

 m/m






m/f





No comments:

Post a Comment