Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Weds Brief

Hi Everyone,

Well Tom and Ben's saga continues.  Let's find out what they are up to now.   It's a few weeks after Ben was abducted.

Here are the prompts.   Who can figure out which prompt I used?


This week's prompts are: "Who the fuck made you emperor?" or use a tootsie roll pop or use the evil eye or "My Aunt Fanny has bigger boobs than you do!" or "You win some, you lose some..." or use: a pirate, a gentleman, and a sheep or make a reference to any REM song or "She/he asked you to do what?" or "The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind" or "Two plus two equals what?"


Weds Brief Oct 23rd

It had been a few weeks since Ben’s kidnapping and the arrest of Jethro Steele . Steele had been arraigned and bail had been set.  Of course, the Westboro Baptist Church paid for his release, and ever since he’d been let out Tom had been keeping a close eye on Ben.

“I won’t stay locked up like some caged animal.”  Ben was in the kitchen. He sat at the table, drinking a cup of coffee and having a banana muffin Tom had bought him, ‘cause he knew it was one of his favorites. 

“I’m not asking you to. If we change our habits, it’s like those bastards have won.  All I’m asking you to do is not go alone to any listings.  Have one of your fellow agents come with you.  Or how about calling one of our friends, like Sam?  He works from home, maybe he could come out with you.  Or how about Edith?  She’s retired now. I bet she wouldn’t mind going with you.”

“To babysit?”  Ben groused.  

“No, to be a look out in case these nutcases decide they want some retribution.”

“I don’t want to live like this, Tom.  I’m not going to do it.” 

“Please, Ben, for me?”  Tom wrapped his arms around Ben, his head rested on his shoulder.   He was scared, more scared then he’d ever been on the job.   This was his whole life he held in his hands.  To think he’d lose Ben... he didn’t want to think about life without him.

Ben looked him in the eye. Tom never asked much from Ben.  “It just hurts so much, Tom.”

“I know, Ben, everybody hurts, sometimes.  But you’re not alone, just hold on…to me.”   Tom smiled when he felt his man turn around and put his arms around him.  

“Thank you Tom, for being in my life.”  Ben kissed him.  “Okay, honey, I’ll make sure that I’m not alone.”

“After what you did to that asshole, maybe I should be worried about anyone who goes up against you.” Tom remembered how Ben had taken down Jethro Steele.

“Ha ha, well, I have to go into the office today. I’ll have to see who I can get to come with me on my showings.”

“How about me?”  Tom offered.

“You? I thought you said you had some paperwork to catch up on and things to do around the house?”  Ben knew this was one of Tom’s days off.

“You’re more important than some paperwork.  I can get to that later.  How about I drive in with you and then I can watch my man in action?”   Tom got his coat on; the weather had finally started to feel like fall.  All the leaves were putting on a fall show in all their colorful glory.   

“Well, just remember, it’s not as exciting as your job.”

“Oh please, I’d rather spend time looking at the inside of houses with you than putting out fires and rescuing poor victims anytime.”

“Don’t you like your job?”  Ben asked him.

“Sure, I love it when everything turns out well, but when you see the faces of the people who lose their loved ones and their homes, well, it can take a toll on you emotionally.”

“I’m sorry, Tom.  I know how being a firefighter can be a double-edged sword.”  Ben gave Tom another hug.

“Okay, let’s go to the office, I have a client coming by around 11AM.”

Tom got in the car with Ben.  Things were peaceful now, but with a trial coming up, and Ben having to testify and relive what happened to him again,  it was going to be a bumpy ride for a while.  Tom had an idea of how to help his man forget all these horrible things.

“What are you smiling about?” Ben asked him. They had stopped at a traffic light and Ben had been looking over at him.

“Oh nothing, much.  Just thinking about something pleasant.”

“Care to share with the rest of the class?”

“Not at the moment, but I will.”   Tom thought about how he was going to make Ben forget all about his troubles.

TBC

Fellow flashers:

 Victoria Adams



1 comment:

  1. Good for Tom and Ben. Staying together, especially in the face of bad people/events, is important. :) I love the quip about sharing with the rest of the class.

    ReplyDelete