Thursday, July 18, 2013

H.L. Holston and Eleanor Bruce are guests on my blog

Please welcome these two fine authors to my blog today.   Here are some Q&A and info on their latest book "The Moon's Dirty Light."


How long have you been writing? 

Since I was eight. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was writing fanfiction. I rewrote my favorite television shows and ended them the way I wanted them to! However, professionally? About two years. Our first novella, In the Name of the Law was published by Total E Bound.

What is your favorite genre to write? 

Contemporary or paranormal. I read about two paranormal books a week, so I love that genre. But contemporary m/m are also a favorite. Every once in a while I dabble in historical books, but being a history teacher I have a low tolerance for historical inaccuracies, so I tend to stick with authors who I know get the time period right like Ava March or Erastes.

What are you working on now?

My writing partner, Eleanor Bruce and I are writing the sequel to our shifter book, The Moon’s Dirty Light, which was published by Extasy Books on Monday, July 15th. The new book, Come the Twilight uses the traditional romance trope of an arranged marriage, but this time the marriage is between a vampire and a werewolf!

My other writing partner, Sue – we write as Sue Holston -- and I are also finishing up edits for our new contemporary novel, Facing the Music, featuring a closeted rock star for Evernight Publishing. It has a mid-August release date.

When you begin a story do you start with character or plot? 

Usually a plot. I tend to have these vivid dreams about what I’m going to write next. Then I talk to my co-writer and we plan out the characters and the overall structure of the book, then start writing.

Tell us about your latest/upcoming release. What inspired it? 

Our newest release is The Moon’s Dirty Light. Since I read so many shifter books, I wanted to do one of my own using as many tropes the genre is known for! To sort of poke fun and acknowledge them, but embrace them too. Because in the end, I am a sucker for Insta-Love, mates and possessive werewolves! Here’s the blurb for the book:



Is there ever a good time to tell the man with whom you just had mind blowing sex that you're a werewolf and, chances are, come the next full moon, he'll be sporting fur and fangs too?

Police Officer Logan Robinson isn't sure. Logan's been in lust with his partner and best friend Dylan Reed for as long as he can remember. But Logan is a werewolf and after accidentally giving his partner the mating bite during sex Dylan will become one too.
Dylan is royally pissed when he finds out because Logan conveniently forgot to mention his little affliction until after they'd spent the night humping each other's brains out. As if turning into a creature of the night wasn’t enough, Logan and he are investigating murders that look suspiciously like dog-attacks, but they're not.

Finding a killer is tricky enough. Now it will be almost impossible with their personal issues clouding the investigation. And if Dylan does turn into a four-legged freak at the next full moon, the fur will fly.
Bio

H.L. Holston (Holly) is a teacher by day and a sometimes author by night. She dreams up ideas with her writing partners Sue (they write as Sue Holston) and Eleanor Bruce, but occasionally she ventures out on her own. She admits she is a horrible blogger, even worse in keeping up on Facebook and wishes she could retire to New Orleans and eat beignets every day at Café du Monde. Until then, she will write books about sexy men loving each other.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe! Yes! Contemporary or paranormal. <3 they're my favorite right now too. I was into Sci-fi for a while but mehh... right now I haven't found anything that has drawn me in as Paranormal has.
    And ooh~ I look forward to the sequel! :D heh..

    <3 Judi P
    arella3173_loveless@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete